Join us at Seasons of Farragut for a
10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Appointments are limited. Call (865) 675-9355 to schedule yours.
Early detection saves lives. This 15-minute non-invasive test is a valuable procedure and designed to improve detection of breast disease. There is no contact with the body of any kind, no radiation, and the procedure is painless. It uses Thermography, a process of infrared technology to spot abnormalities in your breasts by measuring temperature variations.
This state-of-the-art DITI (Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging)system is able to read functional changes in the breast at the critical point when a tumor begins to receive its own blood supply – before malignant cells have a chance to spread.
According to the American College of Clinical Thermology (ACCT), researchers have found that “an abnormal thermogram is the single most important marker of high risk for the future development of breast cancer and an abnormal thermogram is ten times more significant as a future risk indicator for breast cancer than a first order family history. While X-rays, ultrasound, and mammography show us the structure of the body, they will miss such things as active inflammation and increased blood supply as found in many illnesses. Thermogram Breast Screening has been shown to be effective in finding early signs of breast cancer up to eight years before mammogram can.”
Thermography Quick Facts:
- Thermograms are for men and women.
- Quick and painless.
- No exposure to radiation.
- A Thermogram can be performed without an order from a physician.
- You are welcome to bring a companion to be present at the examination.
- There are a limited number of appointments for this event, so make your appointment today.
- The fee for the Thermogram is $269. Additional thermograms are available for an additional cost.
- Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted (Insurance will not be filed for this procedure).
Patient Preparation before having a Thermogram:
- Do not have physical therapy or electromyography on the same day thermography is performed.
- Do not smoke for 2 hours before the test.
- Do not use lotions or liniments on the day of the test.
- Stay out of strong sunlight on the day of the test.
- Do not use deodorant on the day of the test.
- No caffeine for 2 hours prior to the test.
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication or beta-blockers may affect the test results. Discuss stopping these medications with your doctor prior to doing so.
For more information or to schedule your appointment, contact our office: (865) 675-9355.